|Chicken Keema Curry|
The Spicy food that we Indians generally have is quite an addictive food pattern. Once you have gone the spicy way, and your tongue starts relishing the heat of the magic-box spices, there's no going back. Although there is one tiny problem. Some of the most alluring dishes are definitely time consuming to make. Plus, what about the novice cook or people just getting introduced to Indian cooking?
My answer is mince chicken. Easy to eat, easy to make and so very versatile. Its absolutely idiot proof. So what are you waiting for? Just follow this simple recipe and start your 20 mins dinner plans today.My recipe makes enough for 2.
What You Will Need:
500 grams Chicken mince
2 Onions (grated)
2 Garlic (roughly chopped)
2 Cinammon sticks (roughly chopped)
3 Cardamoms (de-shelled)
1 teaspoon Coriander powder
1 teaspoon of Red Chillie powder
3 tablespoon of Vegetable oil (avoid any oil that has a distinctive taste)
1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder
A pinch of sugar (to caramelise the onions)
1 cup Water
Salt to taste
1. Heat the oil in a deep bottomed pan.
2. Once heated enough, saute the onion and the garlic, till the onions turn golden brown. You may add a pinch of sugar at this point to impart more colour.
3. Next add all the ingredients apart from Chicken mince.
4. You have to temper the mixture till the oil is visible again. Roughly about 15 mins.
5. Now add the chicken mince and saute till the meat turn brown. This would take another 10 mins.
6. At this point you can add the cup of water. Cover for sometime once your desired consistency is reached.
7. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
8. Serve it with plain Rice or Roti.